Saturday, May 29, 2010

Update: My weightloss journey

I wanted to speak on my journey to a healthier me. You guys this is hard! For the most part I have been monitoring my calorie intake but I have my days when I slip up.

 For those who don't know, I'm really doing a all over lifestyle make-over and for an overly emotional person such as myself (yes, I'm a cancer) it can take a big toll. Not only am I trying to lose a few pounds but, I'm going natural and getting my life together spiritually. Whew.... that's a lot for one person to take on, on top of summer classes and work.

 I'm trying to cleanse myself of society's ideas and standards of beauty and embrace the body God has blessed me with in it's natural form. It's funny because, when I was a senior in high school on to my freshman year of college, I really thought I was huge. Well 3 years and  31 pounds later, I really would just love to get back to that size. I know we are to embrace our body for what it is, but I am unhealthy and this weight doesn't look natural on me. I have never been skinny a day in my life but at 186 I was healthier and my curves fit the rest of my body.

I'm currently trying to eat 3 times a day eating 400 calories per meal. I purchased The 400 Calorie Fix from Prevention. The meals are full filling when I'm eating them, but less than an hour later, I'm starving. Now the irony here, is that if I were to eat something totally high in calories, like Popeye's chicken and a biscuit, I can eat once a day and not be hungry for the rest of the day. Now that's not healthy because you have to eat multiple small meals in a day to jump start your metabolism. If I could only control my hunger, everything would be great! But I will continue to push because I am truly determined to reach my goals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: text

Related Posts with Thumbnails