Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Feeling The Inspiration

Ever since she debuted in 2000 (I believe...correct me if I'm wrong lol) I have always loved and have been able to identify with Jill Scott. From her music, her poetry and her overall look. Being a PLUSH DIVA my whole life, and growing up in age where you didn't see many plus size women in the spotlight, I was exstatic to watch Jill do her thing. She as always been and inspiration to me. Even in the days where I didn't have the highest self esteem, I would listen to her music and watch her video and realize that PLUSH is beautiful. She was actually my inspiration to go natural. I went back and forth with the ideas for years and soon after I finally go full blown natural and grew my hair out, she got a relaxer and cut it off..... I still love her though LOL. 


In the past couple of months I have really been praying for women with low self esteem and those who don't know their own worth. I wrote notes about it on my Facebook page, which is turning into a mini-series. (I thinking of posting them here). I really want every woman to realize that they are a Queen. (Hence the name of my accessory line.) But in light of this issue, Jill's new song "Rolling Hills" have been somewhat a theme song for this "movement" that I have going on. 





Here are the links to the notes I wrote on Facebook:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: text

Related Posts with Thumbnails